4.28.2009

A Beginning of Sorts



Since I seem to always be posting about food in some form or another, I figure I might as well go for it and start a (nearly) food exclusive blog. I've been cooking as long as I can remember, whether standing on a footstool to peel apples for my grandma when I was little or finding myself a self-sufficient adolescent with a knack for apt pairings.

I am a collector of cookbooks and family recipes. I cook a lot on the weekends while my husband usually takes care of dinner during the week. For fun, he experiments with molecular gastronomy and I take to more traditional recipes handed down through generations not just of my family but of anyone who is willing to share.

I enjoy it because it gives my brain and hands something to do, I really like feeding people and the results are often very nice looking. I take a lot of food pictures. Living on a limited budget forces you to be creative with quotidienne ingredients.

Recent outings have included a Dark Chocolate Cheesecake, Peanut Butter Pie, queso that would make you kill your own mother to get one more chipful and a lovely veggie quiche I lunched on for a week.

Something to know: I use real butter, cream and sugar. I don't cut corners and I learned not to be afraid of food a long time ago. Fear keeps you from enjoying a lot of things. Fearing something you have to do so regularly as eating is no way to live life.

No comments:

Post a Comment